Day 1: A new start

 Hey everyone, 

Welcome to my blog. This is the start of something really interesting for me. I'm Peter Hanson, a 3D artist. I graduated from a program called FIEA, which is part of University of Central Florida graduate program that is catered towards game dev back in 2020. 

I started my career as a 3D artist diving into primary modeling but also other roles like texturing, ui.ux, and some very light fx work in Unity and Houdini. I did some work for medical animation my first year. However, after a year of doing work in the medicine field, I quickly realized its not quite what I envision it to be. I was settling on what I really wanted to pursue, which I'll get to in a sec. I fell hard on my face with some lessons I learned along the way. One of them was the realization that my skill sets and tech skills needed some work before I transition back into CG. So, alas, here I am facing another challenge. And like all challenges, they come with their own unique identities and purposes. Facing doubt and uncertainty if I ever want to work for another company creating digital assets for them left me at a conundrum, but, it also help me found what I've been missing for quite some time, which was purpose...

After sometime of self examination and talking to my mentors that I've gathered so far in my journey, I decided to take break, a sabbatical, from doing 3D as a job for at least 6 months minimum. In this time I'll be working odd jobs to pay bills and to get by, but this will also server more importantly as my portfolio development time. I decided that I'm strictly doing modeling, mostly organics with a bit of hard surface in it. I'm pursuing what I've always wanted to pursue which is working in a film vfx studio. I want to an Organic Modeler who works in the Film/VFX industry. I will be sticking to my guns, no more distractions or compromises at this point, gloves are off...

Like all journeys, they start exciting. I found my Zen, tweaking my branding and skill sets, no longer getting side tracked with other skill sets in the pipeline. I'm solely pursuing modeling. Along this journey will come highlights and low moments, running into others who will test my skill along with challenging my own purpose and desire to change one of the biggest industry on the planet. 

My ultimate goal is to master my craft. 

I'll see you on the other side of the Red Horizon.

Peter S. Hanson 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts